Friday, December 29, 2006

There's a War Going On Outside No Man Is Safe From . . .

There's a War Going On Outside No Man Is Safe From . . .


Entropro-Negroes. Let's get a few things clear, no one respects the grind more than I do. I live the grind. I am the hustle. There are few people on the planet that embody MCF* more than I do. But since I do what I can to educate you all, I have to put you up on the new hustle that has hit the streets. Peep game:

I'm leaving work** last week when this cat approaches me asking if I played football in Queens. I look at him like he's super stupid and tell him no as I keep it moving. Son comes back with "You sure, I know I know you from somewhere." My bullshit sensor goes into hyper mode as he comes in slowly with the pitch "Well let me ask you this, what do you do now?", "Does it really matter" I reply, still walking toward the train station. He comes back with "Well, I just want to give you the opportunity to put yourself in a better financial situation"; "How benevolent of you." I reply while still walking. Persistently, he quips "Well, let me ask you this, do you shop on the Internet?", "Doesn't everyone?" I say wondering what I did to be subjected to this. "Well, the difference between me and you is that I get paid for it and you don't." Once again, looking at him like he's super stupid I stop and say "That's presumptuous of you, you really don't know anything about me." Well brother, (at this point my bullshit sensor is ringing like church bells at noon) I run my own business where I am paid for everyday use of the Internet. You have a computer at home right? Well, through my business, you too can be paid for things that you probably already do. How does that sound to you?" "Sounds alot like getting something for nothing which is eerily close to a scam to me, but hey, I've been called negative in the past." Haha, I assure you that everything I do is legal and beneficial to you, let me get your information and I will call you and we can discuss how I can put you in the same position that I am in." Still walking, I reply "Nah dude, I'm good on that, you got a card that I can throw away by the time I get to the train platform?" He comes back with "What's the number one element that will make any business successful?" to which I reply "Why don't you tell me?". "Trust, How can we have a successful partnership without trust?" he says. Indignantly I reply "Dude, number one, Momma always said don't trust shit and cut the cards twice, and 2 *WE* don't have anything but you following me trying to harass me into a pyramid scheme. I would like to say that I am sorry that you got caught up in it, but you seem to believe this bullshit or else you wouldn't have followed me for a block. I know cats that sell weed that aren't on this much of a grind. Here's a hint dude, when someone shows as little interest as I have, keep it moving. Go find a sucker that cares. In that little seminar that you paid for, when they were teaching you the merits of persistence, they should have taught you the number one rule of sales. When you are at a dead end, turn around and go the other way. Now, with all of that being said, if you follow me onto the train, we are going to have a real problem.".

Once again, I am all for getting extra money and non-traditional ways of getting extra/any income, but harassment is a whole other issue. Playa get your money, but leave people the hell alone when they don't want to be bothered. Plus, what's really good with the new age Ponzi schemes?? People still fall for pyramid scams?? I wish this was the once in a lifetime occurrence, but peep what happened TONIGHT on the train on the way home.

I'm sitting on the train, loving my new Bose earphones minding my own business when this dude taps me on the arm and says "Yo, you looking real sharp man." I had already peeped this cat in my initial scan of the car, a habit I picked up many years ago that assist in accurately locating The Gun Man. Back before 42nd street became Disney Land and before New York was one of the safest big cities in the world, the subways were like Costco or Sam's Club to The Gun Man. In true, wild west fashion, a wielder of a semi automatic weapon (or even a busted .38 with a taped up handle if they were truly gully) could and
would come onto subway cars and get everything they wanted and needed in super-sizes! I'd been on the business end of such transactions more than I am care to discuss. The number 2 and 3 lines were especially popular with residents of Foster Projects mostly because on those lines, they had 4 and a half minutes to operate while the train traveled from 96th street and Broadway to 110th street and Lenox. When they got off the train at 110th street, they would run upstairs and disappear into the projects. The Gun Man would travel in packs of 3 or more and usually had on black skully's and or ski mask. Triple Fat Goose coats and gloves were also a dead give away. Sometimes, The Gun Man was that gully (or stupid) that he would not cover his face at all. It was a much more civil city back then, people that robbed you stuck a gun in your ribs. Now they charge 7 dollars for a cup of coffee and tell you how much of a bargain your rent is in this neighborhood. That's a different story for a different day, we'll touch on that story at another time. Back to our pyramid scheme wielding herb. He was no threat, so I really didn't pay much attention to him until he forced me to wait for a "Pause" with his commentary on my attire. Call it what you want, but there are few reasons that a man will out of the blue compliment another man's attire, especially if that other man is a complete stranger. I really wasn't in the mood to be sold anything or to be hit on by a guy so I dismissed dude quickly when he started with the "What do you do, do you have a computer at home?" I quickly shut son down letting him know that I had no interest in making money by shopping on the Internet through his company. He was visibly taken aback that I knew his whole game already and tried to recover with "But, why would you not keep your options open to creating more revenue for yourself, you are much to smart to think that way." Peeved now, I decided that it's time to end this. Dude wasn't being rude or anything, but he was definitely bothering someone that did not want to be bothered and was not intelligent enough to tell, or just did not care. Look, I said full of disgust, you cats are the worst thing to hit the streets since Pre-Paid Legal. I'm all for people getting their hustle on, but for the love of God, find a less intrusive way to do such. I am sure that at the little seminar that you attended someone decided that bothering people after work was a good time to hit people up with the lure of a better way to get money, but I promise you that it is not. Also, and I could be wrong here, but no one wants to deal with pyramid schemes, no one with any intelligence that is. I tried to be nice about letting you know that you were barking up the wrong tree, but since you were so persistent, I have to take it to a level that really wasn't necessary. And by the way, your lame ass intro, complimenting other dudes' clothing comes off as real gay. Cut that out.


There's a thin line between persistence and harassment and sales people cross the line all the time. These new cats are lurking, be on the look out.


***************************************************

Another year has passed fam, so here are some thoughts on 2006:

Remember on GhostFace's Bulletproof Wallets Album when They said "Y'all better pay B.I.G momma for using his lyrics"? Well, it's my theory that Jay-Z remembers that and has never forgiven Ghost. How else can you explain the utter lack of promotion for not 1, but 2 Ghostface albums this year?? It's also cruel irony that Method Man actually made an entire album worth listening to, yet his promotional budget/team could only be found in the witness protection program. (He was also on that song) To try to dispel my theory, Jay-Z also severely under-promoted albums by The Roots and DJ Clue. I guess he's equal opportunity when it comes to promoting artist on your label much less than you promote yourself.

Carmelo Anthony barely edged out Southern Rappers to win this year's Afrocentric Kid From The Wingmen Episode of The Boondocks memorial award for being Bitch-Made.



If I were David Stern, I would have given son 20 games easy. How do you sucker punch someone after the fight is over, and then run?? If son wanted props for being hard, he would have went over to the bench and told Isiah to knuckle up. Afterall, it was Zeke that told him not to go into the paint. Sucker punching Mardy Collins and running from Jared Jefferies was ho-like to the extreme. Jason Whitlock, a writer for the Kansas City Star who also worked for ESPN in a writing and television capacity, now writes a column at AOL Sports and referred to Carmel-ho as "Yellow Anthony" and Carmelo "Namond Brice" Anthony. I don't even watch The Wire like that and thought it was a brilliant analogy. The only cats that came close were Southern Rappers led by Young Jeezy. This ass clown got all up in arms over the title of Nas' most recent Opus, Hip Hop is Dead. Without talking to Nas, or as much as hearing the album (because it makes way too much sense to get the most information possible before flying off the handle), Jeezy being the ass-clown that he is, went on the radio in a full tirade against Nas for what he perceived as disrespect toward the South. Once someone read a newspaper to this fool, and told him how Nas has been elaborating on this title that has nothing to do with the South for months, he publicly backtracked. My mother use to tell us "A guilty conscience needs no accuser". Jay-Z once said "sensitive thugs, y'all all need hugs" Someone getting that sensitive sounds real sensitively guilty to me.


Blue Collar is far and away the best album you didn't buy or download this year. Rhymefest is the consummate MC. Dope beats, dope rhymes and an incredible live show. The Kufi Slapper and I saw 'Fest open for A Tribe Called Quest in October and were both impressed with how energetic his performance was. He brings the perfect blend of lyrics, energy, crowd participation and humor to ensure that even people that are unfamiliar with his material enjoy themselves. If you don't know about Rhymefest, do yourself a favor and get familiar.

2006 will be known as the year of White Celebrities adopting African babies. The orphanages here in America that are full of black kids that need homes and speak the language weren't good enough, these folks had to go right to the source.


This was a horrible year for movies. I really can't remember a year where I was less interested in what was coming out. Aside from Inside Man, Dreamgirls, Giuliani Time, and Clerks II; I was wholly unimpressed at this year's offerings. What was suppose to be this year's Sci-Fi blockbusters, Superman and X3, turned out to be complete snoozefest and I did it to myself expecting that "Pursuit of Happyness" would be worth my time. I'll save you all my "Will Smith Is A Horrible Actor" diatribe for the moment since most of you have already heard it numerous times. We'll just say that he did noting to dispel my notion. The year ended strongly with Dreamgirls. I truly enjoyed the return of Eddie Murphy. If both he and Jennifer Hudson don't sweep the awards for their respective roles, you will all see why I refuse to give any credence to award shows. (I'm not just saying nice things about Jennifer Hudson because I could have smashed in Chicago last year, She did justice to the role that made Jennifer Holiday famous. That being said, I do admired her rack!)

I'm finally over the devastating way the New York Mets' 2006 season ended. I am sure that the gut-punch of a game 7 has contributed to my inability to write. For those of you that are unaware, the Mets lost game 7 of the NLCS in not 1 but 2 of the worst ways that any team can lose a baseball game. First, they gave up a home run to the worst non pitching hitter on the Cardinals' Roster and, 2. Their best hitter struck out *LOOKING* with the bases loaded. Needless to say I did not watch the World Series or much sports immediately after. I've had relationships end that did not hurt that much.

The "drastic" change in the political landscape won't change too much in every day life. Not immediately anyway. There has been way too much irreperable damage done in the last 6 years. I also don't think that the democratic party has a chance in hell at landing the upcoming presidency. The 2 most popular candidates have major stikes against them. This country is way too racist for Barack Obama to win more than 5 primaries (and that is being generous) and too sexist for Hilary Rodham-Clinton to do more than make some people stand up and shout. John Edwards doesn't have a chance. On the Republican side of things, Rudy Guiliani, while he should be commended for resurrecting his political life, doesn't have a chance because he does not appeal to the G.O.P strong hold. His views on homosexuality, abortion and immigration make him worse than alot of Democrats to the good old boys down in Dixie. All that being said, I'm ready to start and independent candidacy for Scott Boras. He has a full head of hair, was born in this country and can't be worse than Bush was. Considering the 7 year, 126 million dollar deal he just got for his client Barry Zito, I am convinced that this man can pull off anything. He's been an amazing agent for years, but in the span of about a month, he got the Red Sox to pony up 100 million for a Japanese pitcher that's never played an Major league game, and the Giants to give the biggest contract ever given to a pitcher that has had 3 consecutive 15-10 seasons and up until this year, has crapped the bed when the playoffs began. Why shouldn't I believe that he could not end all of our troubles with the middle east by having them give us oil, money and missiles while thinking that they are getting the better of us??



Oh yeah, the following list of things have been deemed officially lame and have been added to the Kufi List***:

Wearing Sunglasses, indoors, at night - This is some of the lamest shit ever and will be treated accordingly. If you partake in this activity, please, stop. Otherwise, your Kufi will be put into orbit.

Being over 17 and doing the Chicken Noodle Soup Dance - I've backed off of my hatred for the makers of this song since it is made by kids for kids. That being said, adults, you just look silly doing it.

Trucker Hats - Always a pet peeve of mine. Now that the fad has been dead for some time, let that lame shit go!!!!




That's it for now folks. Be safe and get ready for alot of new things round these parts come 2007!!!







*Money Come First
**Yeah, your boy is gainfully employed again, more on that later
***List of items/activities that can result in getting your Kufi slapped off your head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home